A very common health problem is Urinary Tract Infection. Both men and women are susceptible to Urinary tract infections; however women are more prone to Urinary Tract Infection.
What is Urinary tract Infection
When the bladder and exit tubes are infected by bacteria, a urinary tract infection occurs. Common causes of urinary tract infection include intercourse, waiting excessively before urinating when pressed, pregnancy, and diabetes.
Some of the notable symptoms of Urinary tract infections include urinating frequently, taking out small quantities of urine while urinating, a sensation that is filled with burning while urinating, urine colour change, pain in the abdominal region, fever, having nausea feeling and at times vomiting.
If not treated immediately, infection can cause damage to the kidneys. These natural fruits used in preparing these recipes are good source of natural treatment to urinary tract infection
Here are the top 6 home remedies for urinary tract infections, with natural recipes
Apple Cider Vinegar
The Apple cider vinegar is a very good and rich source of enzymes. They are also rich with potassium and many other useful minerals. These minerals can prevent the bacteria that cause UTIs from multiplying or growing. Apple cider vinegar is a good natural antibiotic to treat infections in those those that have Urinary Tract Infection
- 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar is added to a glass of water
- Add lemon juice and mix
- Take twice a day for some days
Indian Gooseberry icontains high level of Vitamin C. This plays a good role in restricting the growth of bacteria.
- Use cup of water.
- Add a teaspoon of Indian gooseberry powder.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Boil the mixture and allow half of the water to evaporate
- Drink the residue 3 times a day. Take this for 3-5 days
Proanthocyanidins which is found in cranberries is very good in preventing bacteria from reaching the walls of the urethra , thus preventing urinary tract infections. The juice also has antibiotic effect
- One of the easiest ways of preventing urinary tract infections is by drinking half a glass of cranberry juice every day.
- To prevent damage being done to the kidney, one should drink about three or four glass every day if the person is already infected.
Warning: Do not take cranberry juice if you have a history of kidney stones.
Baking soda is very good in increasing the balance of acid-base nature of the urine. This gives relief from pain. When you neutralize the acidic nature of the urine, it also helps in quick recovery. Add a teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of water. Drink this once or twice daily.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has antibacterial properties to help fight the bacteria that cause bladder infections like UTIs.
- Mix 10 drops of tea tree oil in your bath water and use this water to wash the urethra opening.
- Alternatively, you can mix tea tree oil with equal amounts of juniper oil and sandalwood oil and rub this mixture on the abdominal region and on the area near the bladder. This is very effective in reducing pain associated with UTIs. Follow this remedy once daily for three to four days.
- Another simple way to treat UTI is to soak in warm bath water mixed with two teaspoons of plain yogurt and six drops of tea tree oil. Do this daily for 10 minutes for about 10 days.
Blueberries have bacteria-inhibiting properties that can help in the treatment of UTIs. The antioxidants present in blueberries are good for the immune system, and they prevent growth of bacteria that causes UTIs.
- You can add some fresh blueberries to your favorite cereal and have it for breakfast.
- You can also make fresh blueberry juice and have it daily, in the morning and at night for quick results. Do not add any artificial sweetener to the juice.
Including fresh blueberries or juice in your daily diet is a good way to prevent UTIs, too.